Table of Contents
What Is Lip Thread, Process, Advantages, Disadvantages
Lip threading is also known as lip thread lifting. This non-surgical procedure uses tiny dissolvable threads to smooth fine lines around the mouth and increase collagen production.
Unlike lip fillers, which add volume to your lips, lip threading adds curvature and definition, mainly in the cupid arch area of your upper lip.
Lip threading appeals to the public who want a usual look rather than the plump, meaty look that lip fillers offer.
This procedure is different from minimally invasive barbed stretches that perform around the jaw, double chin, and other areas of the face and body. It is also different from lip lift surgery, a minimally invasive procedure to shorten the nose and upper lip space.
Lip threading to consider safe when performed by a certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who is well trained in this non-surgical procedure.
Upper Lip Threading Procedure
A lip lift takes about 30 minutes: 15 minutes to numb the area and 15 minutes for the procedure itself.
- Your plastic surgeon or dermatologist will create a small puncture hole in the corner of your mouth that is flush with your lip line.
- Your doctor will insert the thread using a cannula (a thin tube) prepackaged with a thin line. The cable can also be prepackaged in a needle with a point, eliminating the need to create a punch hole.
- The threads used for this procedure vary in size, from dental floss to human hair; they can also be “smooth” or “twisted.”
- Once inserted, the cannula or needle gently pushes towards Cupid’s bow, where it usually stops.
- Your doctor will then repeat this process on the other side of your upper lip.
- After each suture is in place, surgical scissors cut off the end with an excess suture at the insertion site.
- Then the end of each wire is manipulated into the hole so that it is not visible.
The process repeats on your lower lip: your doctor will advance the wire to the center of your lower lip and repeat on the opposite side.
Suppose you want more height or bulk, more threads to add. It complete by inserting an already thread cannula through the initial puncture site or by additional punctures with sharp needles that are pre-assemble with cables.
The look you want and the type of yarn used will determine whether you will perform this procedure once or twice over a few months.
Advantages Of The Lip Thread
Threading the lips gives a more natural look compared to the pout and plump effect achieved with the fillers.
This non-surgical procedure also stimulates collagen production around the lip area, which can reduce wrinkles in the future.
Is It Safe To Put On The Lips?
As with most cosmetic procedures, the safety of a lip lift is prime determine by your provider’s expertise. For this cause, it is crucial that you only use a certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience in lip threading.
If the procedure to not performed correctly, your lips may appear crooked. You may also see visible threads after the process is complete. Scars can also be the result.
The most common side effects of lip threading include:
- a momentary pulling or tugging while smiling, eating, or talking
- slight swelling or bruising
- slight asymmetry due to swelling, which should subside within two week
- Also Read: AFTER A BLEACHING SESSION, HOW DO YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR HAIR?
What Are The Side Effects Of Lip Thread Lifting?
Side effects of lip facelifts can include bruising and swelling. In rare cases, the threads on the lips may move or become visible. However, your doctor can quickly resolve these problems.
Other Risks When Lifting Ropes Are:
- Anesthesia problems
- Difficulty opening your mouth
- Threads through the skin (extrusion)
- Sensitivity to sunlight or other bright light
- Results that are not what you wanted
Lip threading to done to give your lips more definition than fullness. It also helps in removing fine shape and wrinkles around the mouth.
This non-surgical procedure provides contouring, primarily in the area of the Cupid’s arch.
Lip application considered a safe procedure provid by an experienced and certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.