The term sport refers to a physical activity that is essentially competitive and improves the physical condition of the person who performs it. For its part, the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE) defines this term as “a physical activity that is practiced through competition and whose practice requires training and regulation.” The International Olympic Committee affirms that “everyone should have the opportunity to practice sport without discrimination and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding, solidarity Anda spirit of friendship and fair play.”
What Is Sport?
In the sense of “physical activity or movement,” sport is a copy (20th century). The term is derived from the old Spanish deporter, ‘amuse yourself,’ ‘rest,’ a voice from the Latin departure ‘move, transport.’ It is the physical activity carried out by one or a group of people according to specific rules and in a particular physical space.
History of sport
In Greece, various sports activities have been established, in which the military movement and culture went hand in hand and influenced the development of this country. For the Greeks, sporting activities were of vital importance, so they began around 777 BC. C. C. It started. The Olympic Games began, their headquarters were the town of the Greek Peloponnese, in the city of Olympia until 394 AD, and they were held every four years.
They learned about several sports that soon rose to prominences, such as Olympic races, horse races, fighting, jumping, javelin throwing, and discus throwing. Those responsible for organizing the Games are call Helanodices, now known as the International Olympic Committee.
Then, in 1896, the first Olympic Games took place in Greece, as they is call today.
In the Middle Ages, between the 5th and 15th centuries, this period was determined by the power of the Church and the development of the sport. Thus arose athletics, cavalry, handball, wrestling, and team sports.
In the 14th century, European tennis was born with rackets made from the intestines of animals. Various sports originated around the 15th century; a game very similar to soccer originated in Italy, and golf originated in Scotland.
Modern sport took shape between the 18th and 19th centuries; the industrial revolution gave people free time and money, so sports resurfaced, and others resurfaced.
The first modern Olympic Games were held in Tensa in 1896, in which more than 200 countries participated, and they became a great sporting event for the professionals of the time.
Also Read: HOW TO DO A PUSHUP
Since sport is a physical activity with rules and objectives aimed at improving the physical and mental condition of the individual, its characteristics are:
- Union: The sporting activity creates a union and a sporting world within the team, whose objective is specific and that only the love for the game and sport can have in common. The individual learns to work in a team and to deal with different personalities and characters.
- Responsibility: Sports activities create attitudes and skills that make the athlete a responsible and disciplined adult.
- Leadership: There are essential skills; leadership is one of them. Sport trains people to become leaders, whether in their discipline or any area of their life.
- Discipline: Discipline is one of the values of the sport that must use both within and outside of its competitions. In addition, it helps young people to overcome obstacles in life.
- Work: These are challenging activities that allow young people to set goals and achieve them if they persevere.
The sport can generally be divided into five main groups:
- Martial Arts.
- Ball sports.
- Mechanical sports.
- Sports in contact with nature.
- Mountains, earth, sand.
Benefits of sport
The benefits are very diverse and include physical, mental, and even financial implications. Exercise will keep you healthy and keep you healthy
Also Read: YOGA FOR HEALTH