T Series Net Worth
T Series Net Worth: T-Series is India’s largest music company, whose net worth is estimated to be more than $500 million.
- T-Series has the biggest YouTube channel in the world. It has 162+ million subscribers and 132+ billion views.
- T-Series was founded in 1983 by Gulshan Kumar as an audio cassette company. Gulshan Kumar started recording devotional songs and selling them. It was a considerable market back then.
- T-Series was responsible for bringing a revolution to the Indian music industry in the 1990s. The annual earnings of T-Series were $16 million in 1985, and in 1991, they went up to $88 million.
- Gulshan Kumar was shot dead in 1997 by Mumbai’s underworld mafia. After him, his son Bhushan Kumar took charge of the company along with Krishnan Kumar (Gulshan’s younger brother).
- The YouTube Channel of T-Series started in 2006 and became India’s second channel to cross 1 billion views. A team of 15 members runs it.
- T-Series is the mother company of 29 other regional channels like T-Series Tamil, T-Series Gujrati, T-Series Haryanavi, and others.
- More than 40% of T-Series YouTube Channel’s views come from other countries. This indicates the amount of popularity this company enjoys even outside India.
- Dhvani Bhanushali is the most famous artist on the T-Series channel, and her song ‘Vaaste’ has crossed 1 billion views on Youtube. The 2nd most popular video on the channel is Guru Randhawa’s ‘High Rated Gabru’ with 996+ million views.
- T-Series also has a movie production house that has produced several hits and super-hits Bollywood movies.
- T-Series’s YouTube channel contributes around 40% of the company’s total revenue.
How much is T-Series’s Net Worth?
According to several media reports, T-Series’s net worth is more than $500 million. T-Series is India’s most prominent music company, which is popular for Bollywood’s soundtracks and Indi-pop songs. T-Series’s annual revenue is around $110 million, and it has a hold on over 70% of the Indian music market.
40% of the company’s total revenues are generated by its YouTube channel, which incidentally is world’s biggest YouTube channel with more than 162 million subscribers.
T Series Net Worth: How Was It Created?
Gulshan Kumar formed T-Series in 1983. Back then, it was an audio-cassette company which used to record music from Bollywood movies and sell them on audio-cassette. Later, it evolved into a music-production company and started making original by signing singers under their label. It also recorded devotional Hindu songs and began selling them under their banner. Gulshan Kumar knew what the market demanded back then. The annual earning of T-Series was $16 million in 1985, and it expanded to $88 million by 1991 and $140 million by 1997.
T-Series also has a Bollywood movie production wing under its parent company. It has created numerous Bollywood movies by producing and co-producing them with other production houses. One of its films, ‘Hindi Medium,’ became one of the top 20 highest-grossing Indian films. It made $46 million in India alone.
T-Series also has the biggest YouTube channel in the world. It was created in 2006. It currently has more than 162 million subscribers, 14,800+ videos, and 132+ billion views. It’s YouTube channel contributes around 40% of the T-Series’s total net worth.
T Series Facts
- Name Super Cassettes Industries Private Limited (T-Series)
- Net Worth $500 Million
- Founded on July 11, 1983
- Founded at New Delhi, India
- Founder Gulshan Kumar
- Headquarters Noida, India
- Services Music Label, Youtube Channel, Movie Production
- Key people Bhushan Kumar (Chairman and Managing Director)
- Owners Gulshan Kumar (1983–1997)
- Bhushan Kumar (1997–present)
Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Aashiqui, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin,Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai, Main Hoon Na, Swades, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Taare Zameen Par, Ghajini, Golmaal Returns, Golmaal 3, Bodyguard, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Rockstar, Krrish 3, Chennai Express, PK, Dil Dhadakne Do, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, Badhaai Ho, Loveyatri
- Website https://www.tseries.com/
- Famous Youtube Music Videos Dhvani Bhanushali: Vaaste (1+ Billion views)
- Guru Randhawa: High Rated Gabru Official Song (997+ million views)
- SIMMBA: Aankh Marey (964+ million views)
- Dilbar (922+ million views)
- Guru Randhawa: Lahore (910+ million views)
- Cham Cham – Baaghi (834+ million views)
Singers who worked with T-Series Kumar Sanu, Lucky Ali, AR Rahman, Anwar, Babul Supriyo, Arijit Singh, Asees Kaur, Atif Aslam, Adnan Sami, Alka Yagnik, Gulzar, Armaan Malik, Amaal Mallik, Ikka, Dhvani Bhanushali, Irshad Kamil, Darshan Raval, Udit Narayan, Tanishk Bagchi, Sonu Nigam, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Pankaj Udhas, KK, Nora Fatehi, Neha Kakkar, Lucky Ali, Guru Randhawa, Pritam, Himesh Reshammiya, Javed Akhtar, Jubin Nautiyal, Neha Kakkar, Sajid–Wajid, Sukhwinder Singh, Yo Yo Honey Singh
- Movies Produced Aashiqui
- Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
- Humko Deewana Kar Gaye
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa
- Patiala House (co-producer)
- Ready (co-producer)
- Nautanki Saala! (co-producer)
- Aashiqui 2 (co-producer)
- Bhoothnath Returns (co-producer)
- Hate Story 2 (co-producer)
- Creature 3D
- Baby (co-producer)
- All Is Well
- Hate Story 3 (co-producer)
- Airlift (co-producer)
- English Medium (co-producer)
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (co-producer)
- Kabir Singh (co-producer)
- Batla House (co-producer)
- Saaho (co-producer)
- Pati Patni Aur Woh (co-producer)
- Tanhaji (co-producer)
- Street Dancer 3D (co-producer)
- Thappad (co-producer)
Gulshan Kumar founded T-Series in the year 1983. It was started as ‘Super Cassettes Industries Private Limited’ and later converted to ‘T-Series.’ It is India’s biggest music label company and one of the top Indian movies production houses. As of 2020, T-Series holds 70% of India’s music market. T-Series also has the world’s biggest and mightiest YouTube Channel with more than 162 million subscribers and 132 billion views.
T-Series wasn’t this big from the start. Gulshan Kumar started this company as a cassette selling company that used to record Bollywood soundtracks on audio cassettes and sell it at the open markets. The company gradually converted into a music-making company and started to make and sell its own music. Gulshan Kumar saw the Indian devotional music industry’s nerve and realized the lack of a big player. He started making and recording Hindu devotional songs through his label, and they are instant-hits.
Also Read: badshah net worth